Welcome to PredictionIO¶
PredictionIO is an open source Machine Learning Server. It empowers programmers and data engineers to build smart applications. With PredictionIO, you can add the following features to your apps instantly:
- predict user behaviors
- offer personalized video, news, deals, ads and job openings
- help users to discover interesting events, documents, apps and restaurants
- provide impressive match-making services
- and more....
PredictionIO is built on top of solid open source technology. We support Hadoop, Mahout, Cascading and Scalding natively.
Learn How to Use PredictionIO¶
These few steps can get you familiar with PredictionIO quickily.
The PredictionIO Guide¶
This guide is under active development.
- Installing PredictionIO
- Quick Start
- API Endpoints
- Item Recommendation Engine
- Item Similarity Engine
- Distributed Deployment
We want to ensure that PredictionIO is useful for you. You will get quick response to any question or feedback about PredictionIO through these channels:
PredictionIO Google Group is actively supported by core contributors of PredictionIO. It is for general questions, requests for help, and new feature announcements.
Stack Overflow is another great place to ask technical questions about PredictionIO. Be sure to add the predictionio tag to your question.
GITHUB AND JIRA
Additional Machine Learning Resources¶
Machine Learning is about teaching computers to predict future, or otherwise unknown events, by applying computer science or statistics techniques to analyze existing data.
The following resources provide additional information:
- Stanford Machine Learning Course
- Stanford Machine Learning Course freely available on Coursera
- Collaborative filtering: A Programmer’s Guide to Data Mining
- A free book chapter that introduces Collaborative Filtering with sample codes.